6.27.2016

CAMP NANOWRIMO!

HEAR YE, HEAR YE! On this day, the twenty-seventh of June in the year two-thousand and sixteen, I do declare that I will be participating in Camp NaNoWriMo! 

YAY! :)

For the last two years I've considered doing NaNoWriMo in November and have yet to do so... until I heard about Camp NaNoWriMo that happens during July, which is way less busy that November for me. Lately, I've been feeling really inspired to write but have not found the motivation to actually start. I've been planning, plotting, personifying, and what not, but haven't written more than twenty words. This is going to be the PERFECT set-up and the perfect time to start. 

Camp NaNoWriMo is just like NaNoWriMo, but summery and camp-themed. It is still a month of huge writing goals with what I've heard is an amazing community and support. It is a fantastic way to jumpstart your writing project while being surrounded by people who believe in you. You set your own goal and CNNWM helps you keep going!

I've wanted to be an author, to write stories in any capacity, since I was little. I love writing still and now, having just graduated from college and having the whole world at my feet (or something like that), seems like the best time in my life for me to give this a try for real. 

The book I want to write is a probably middle-grade (but maybe YA, we'll see) friendship-and-family-and-revenge-and-adventure-and-fairies-and-magic-and-kingdoms-and-first-love story. I've had the characters in my head floating around and becoming more defined for about a year and they're itching to have their story told.

I couldn't possibly be more excited than I am right now! If you're joining the Camp NaNoWriMo fun, find me on the website at thestoriedshelf :) I would love to write along with you! Subcribe to this blog and follow me on Instagram (@the.storied.shelf) because I'll be posting updates (and rants) periodically throughout this month. 

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment